Posted by Faheem Mustafa
This a very small (tiny) icon that is displayed along with your Blog/Website address in the address bar of your Internet Browser. You may find this in every site you visit. One must change this logo according to his own choice, Because when someone bookmarks your page, then rather than the default blogger logo, it will be your logo that is saved in their bookmarks. as shown in the image below.
I created my own favicon and displayed it on my blog, so that instead of the default blogger logo, users see my logo.
How to Set You Own Logo
You can create your own logos with favicon.cc and download this or create it with Photoshop or simply with Microsoft Paint.
After your logo is ready for display, you have to upload it to some site. You may use ImageShack for uploading the picture. I personaly use Imageshack to upload images. Once you have uploaded the picture, you will get a link to that picture. Copy that link and save it in a text file.
1. Log-In to your blogger account.
2. Navigate to "Layout>>Edit HTML".
3. Search for the following code using "CTRL+F"
4. Copy the following code and paste this above the line (</head>) mentioned in step 3
<link href='http://a.imageshack.us/img401/3610/animatedfaviconw.gif' rel='icon'/>
4. Now you can replace the above link marked in red with your own favicon link.(one saved in your text file) Save your template and have a look at your blog now.